Wednesday, June 20, 2007

J update




Well, we got the sweetest e-mail from one of the Wide Horizons social workers who is at Horizon House. Here is what she wrote:

"I just needed to tell you that I have met your amazing little boy. I walked into the older child home yesterday, and I picked Y out immediately. He ran up to me and gave me a huge hug, and stayed by my side nearly the entire time I was there (except when he went to play with Yohannes and Abraham, who were playing soccer with a dad who is here). He never stops smiling, and is giggly and lovable. I really had to stop myself from just squeezing him too tight! He LOVES cameras and took quite a few very very very closeup pictures of me as he tried to learn to use my camera. I have a few cute shots (one of him with stickers on his nose..he also LOVES stickers!!...one of me and him in which I look ridiculously jet lagged and pale and he looks gorgeous, and a few of him playing soccer) and will go and get more in the coming days. It is very hard to get pictures of just one child because they all love having their pictures taken, as you'll see when you're here. But he is an absolute love, an extremely happy and friendly child, and I am already in love with him. I absolutely cannot wait for you to come here and meet him...not only is he amazing, but your trip to Ethiopia will be lifechanging...it already is for me. Just wanted to share with you how wonderful your son is. "

Wow! Can't help but love that update :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks like he is going to fit right in the Melber family; with that great personality and handsome smile!!!
We all can't wait to meet Jonas, and we are praying for you guys!!!
The Henrys