Thursday, February 19, 2009

He's 10! My Daniel Boone!







I have to say that if I could bottle this little man I would! He is so darn sweet. He was the most grateful kid for boots, a net, a crawdad trap and a minnow trap. He was ready to go to the creek. Daddy made him a "safety stick" that has bark the height of his boots. He is never allowed to go in the water if the water is above the bark on the stick. Don't worry JoJo. He is a safety man. Of course, Little J had to get in the pic. Love those coon skin caps. I think the boys would live in them :) I know that I'll be looking back on these days wishing for them someday. Actually, I did that today. I really would've liked his 10th birthday to remain longer.






Ten years ago, God surprised us with Big J. We found out we were pregnant at 12 weeks along. I know you are wondering how we didn't know beforehand, but circumstances presented that made us not even consider a pregnancy. God had done an amazing healing in our marriage the previous year and rocked our world by teaching us so many new things about Himself. Daddy quit his corporate job and we sold our house, cars, boats and downsized. Then we sat and waited to see where the Lord would lead us. 10 years, 11 moves (no lie), a ministry we love and 2 adoptions later, we stand amazed at God's graciousness to even put up with us.






Praising Him for all He has done for us....

1 comments:

My Life. My Story. My Chaos. said...

What a sweet baby...........no so much baby anymore, huh. Happy Birthday Big J!