This last week we were privileged to host Maridel Sandberg in our home while she visited several people in our area casting the vision for the Christian Alliance for Orphans. David had traveled in a group to Zambia last fall in which Maridel was a part and got to know her and her heart while there. For me, just being on the sidelines and seeing things that Maridel sees on an on-going basis (people with a heart for orphans and adoption), I was overwhelmed.
Overwhelmed in a good way....
I really do stand in awe of God's people. From people of great influence in our culture, to people of great influence within their own homes, I watched and listened to the stories of people right here in our area with a great desire to be the hands and feet of Christ. God is so big! I know that in my head, but this week, I witnessed it with my eyes over and over again.
I am encouraged by God's church who is beginning to really rise and be ONE voice for HIS children all over the world.
And so.....all of you who have a heart for the orphans of this world, take note....add yourselves to the voice of the Christian Alliance for Orphans. Let's glorify our Father by unifying our hearts and voices to stand tall in our world. One Christian standing might sound like a whisper to the loud voices around us. Many Christians standing together sound like a giant. May all glory be to our Father who loves us and all the children of the world!
"May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." John 17:23
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Christian Alliance for Orphans- Summit V
Posted by Sojourning Mom at 1:40 PM
Labels: adoption; orphan care
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment