Well, my friend and I drove to the airport this morning to pick up our boys from their trip to Haiti. I think I'm getting a little old to pull an all-nighter. I'm feeling it this morning. They returned at around 1 a.m. and then we had a two and a half hour drive home.....note to self.....next time he goes, get his return flight changed...............
He is tired. Half of the members of the team got a violent stomach virus while there. He and his buddy look like they've lost a little weight. He mentioned things like learning to use a sledge hammer, digging a footer with a shovel (3 feet deep in rock), nearly falling in a ravine, having the stomach bug, getting bitten by something and now having a swollen ankle which is in pain (call in to the doctor this morning), eating goat and rice every day, hearing gun shots (yikes), passing out food which caused a riot, playing with and loving on orphans, seeing devastation from the earthquake, praying with villagers.......and feeling like he hadn't done his share because the place they stayed this time was nicer than the past one.......
Can I tell you that I sure am proud of him...............and glad I didn't know all that was going on while he was there. Trusting the Lord with his future and thanking Him for all of his todays.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Home from Haiti
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment