Wednesday, June 2, 2010

#8

Well, in case you haven't heard, we are adopting again! We have a four-ish year old little boy whom we will call I. Our newest son! I's birth home is Ethiopia. He was born in the same general region as Little J. We are super excited and are waiting for our court date to come and go. We should only have to travel once as we were filed for court before the deadline for the two trip policy.

We've kept it a secret for quite some time simply because the ups and downs are hard to take and the timeline seems like an eternity to the rest of our kids and because we've sort of crossed the threshold of "weird family with five kids" to "hmmmm, don't know what I think about your family with six kids." Pretty funny the responses we've been given...LOL.

Four years old is the youngest we've ever adopted therefore, we haven't had a four year old in our house in seven years. What does a four year old do? Well, I guess, we'll soon remember.....

Until then, if you notice a middle aged mom watching you at church or in the park trying to sense how old your child is and watching to see all that they do, it will be me. LOL...don't be afraid, I'm harmless.

Three years ago, we landed in America with Little J one day before my hubby's 40th birthday. This year, in about a month, I turn 40. Is that possible??? So, happy birthday to me.....I get a new son! Please join us in praying for him as we wait. God has a sense of humor. Praising Him today for the gift of children :)

5 comments:

kapjones said...

YAY!! No better family than yours! If you ever want to see what a 4 yr old boy does, just visit my blog. Mine's about to be 5 but I have 2 more behind him! HA! Congratulations to a GREAT mom!!!!!

Shannon said...

This is wonderful Tera. Charis and William showed me his picture when we were in Ethiopia. They were checking on him for you. He is beautiful!! Our A.J. is 4 also.

The Cook Family said...

I think I'm gonna explode!!!!! 7 was such an odd number...8 is much more even and rounded out... :) WOOHOOOOOO!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited! I can't wait to see his pretty face, in person!

Tita B :)

Joanna Tillman said...

So exciting for you!!!