I'm not sure if I have mentioned that I would traveling to ET by myself. While I'm always up for an adventure, I must admit that I have been a little bit anxious about traveling with a little guy who doesn't speak English, manuvering through airports, exchanging dollars for birr and dealing with all the emotions of being a new mommy alone! On the plus side, knowing that the kids and Daddy were all home safe and sound and going through normal routines stateside DOES give me a great sense of security. God, in His great Sovereignty, knew that I needed a lesson in trust and faith and therefore He allowed for me to deal with this "aloneness thought." On Wednesday morning, I was sitting before Him in prayer and brought out my study of 1 Peter. This is what I read Chapter 2, verses 4-9...
Monday, July 9, 2007
God's provision
"As you come to him the living Stone, rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him, you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ...."
The Lord reminded me that He knows the feeling of aloneness....obviously on a much larger scale than me....but aloneness all the same. He was alone through His death and the events leading up to it. I have taken comfort in that...
Now that revelation in itself was pretty cool.....I found myself feeling more confident in my aloneness in travel. Looking forward in a sense to what God wanted to teach me on this trip about trusting Him.
While reveling in that moment, a dear friend of mine called. We have been privileged to watch her family grow through the adoption of two precious girls. She asked me one quick question..... "Would I like to have a travel partner?" I am still amazed at the question so simply given. I stand amazed that God would be gracious enough to provide even when I had just learned that He himself would be provision enough. He had chosen to bless our family tremendously through sending Traci with me to ET.
I am reminded yet again, that He holds the big picture in His hand and I am humbled that He chooses to care about the details of our life and chooses to groom me into the likeness of His Son. Oh, how far I am from His example. Thank you Precious Father for your blessings.
~~T
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment