Well, I must say, you can hardly get any better than this.....are you ready? Today, Big J was asked to read a few Scripture passages at church in front of the whole congregation. You have to remember that our church is a pretty good sized church, so we're talking 700 people in the sancutary. Big J got up this morning and put on his "crispy white shirt" (aka, I actually ironed his shirt...yes Martha Jo, I did iron the boy's shirt :). During the service he read Psalm 8:1-2 and Psalm 136 (several verses which was a responsive reading with the congregation. He was perfect! God was honored with the lips of praise from our sweet boy's mouth. He told us that it was "practice for when I'm the pastor." Oh, Father, let him always love you so much.
After church and lunch with some dear friends of ours, Daddy and Big J headed to the deer stand for the afternoon. A and K had already been yesterday with Daddy and seen plenty of deer, but chose to pass them up for a bigger buck. Well, sweet Big J got it! Tonight he got himself a 13 pointer! Yes, I said a 13 point buck. He told me...."Good news and bad news Mom. The good news is...I got a big monster buck! The bad news is that it's gonna cost you to get it mounted! This is the best day of my life, after of course, my salvation, Mom! I read Scripture in front of the whole church and got myself a big buck!!!"
Thank you Lord for the blessing of Your Word, a Daddy that loves his kids, and the joys of raising them.
After church and lunch with some dear friends of ours, Daddy and Big J headed to the deer stand for the afternoon. A and K had already been yesterday with Daddy and seen plenty of deer, but chose to pass them up for a bigger buck. Well, sweet Big J got it! Tonight he got himself a 13 pointer! Yes, I said a 13 point buck. He told me...."Good news and bad news Mom. The good news is...I got a big monster buck! The bad news is that it's gonna cost you to get it mounted! This is the best day of my life, after of course, my salvation, Mom! I read Scripture in front of the whole church and got myself a big buck!!!"
Thank you Lord for the blessing of Your Word, a Daddy that loves his kids, and the joys of raising them.

2 comments:
Wow, that is a big buck...one in a lifetime! I'm sure Big "J" must be just beaming.
What a joy to share his reading with the church.
Okay, seriously, when I held him as a baby and he would get that "look", I thought it was just a phase....he is *seriously* being called. I can say, one day, when he is preaching to the stadium(s) full of people, that I knew him when :)
As for the buck.....beautifully done. Tell him Uncle B wants to attempt to hunt, so Big J can teach him.
Tita B
Post a Comment