
This week as all our Christmas decorations get put into their places, I have been reminded by our children of what Christmas is all about. We have the privilege of introducing Christ to Little J this year. Before arriving to our family, he had never seen a Bible, never heard the name of Jesus, and therefore did not have a clue what Christmas was all about. We purchased a sweet little book for Little J with his own Nativity scene so that he could play out the story from the Bible and begin to grasp why we celebrate.
Little J asked "Who is Santa Claus?" Big J said, "He was a sweet old man who try to live like Jesus."
This morning I have been reminded of an old hymn. It sums up my thoughts on the birth of Christ and His sacrifice for me.
I Stand Amazed in the Presence
I stand amazed in the presence
of Jesus the Nazarene,
and wonder how he could love me,
a sinner, condemned, unclean.
How marvelous! How wonderful!
(Oh, how marvelous!) (Oh, how wonderful!)
And my song shall ever be:
How marvelous! How wonderful
(Oh, how marvelous!) (Oh, how wonderful!)
is my Savior’s love for me!
For me it was in the garden
he prayed: “Not my will, but thine.”
He had no tears for his own griefs,
but sweat-drops of blood for mine.
In pity angels beheld him,
and came from the world of light
to comfort him in the sorrows
he bore for my soul that night.
He took my sins and my sorrows,
he made them his very own;
he bore the burden to Calvary,
and suffered and died alone.
When with the ransomed in glory
his face I at last shall see,
’twill be my joy through the ages
to sing of his love for me.
(Refrain)
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Thoughts of Christmas
Posted by Sojourning Mom at 9:28 AM
Labels: spiritual thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
How wonderful! I love hearing about your family and how it is growing.
So exciting for Little J to be experiencing the love of Jesus this Christmas.
Who knew you could be so deep :)
Oops...that was from Bran :)
Post a Comment