Thursday, July 16, 2009

The latest in homefront news

Well, are you ready???

I've been posting about our son's dramatic events from his mission trip. They just keep getting more incredible. After extensive prayer and pondering, A has requested to be homeschooled for his sophomore year. If you don't know him very well, this might not seem like a big deal to you, however, it is huge!

He has always been adamantly against being homeschooled. That has always been fine with us. He's in high school and plays sports. However, after his trip, his desires have drastically changed. He is greatly desiring to spend more time on the mission field in Haiti. This year that will look like two weeks in the fall and two weeks in the spring. He will also have the opportunity to travel with Dad during the fall as well.

He received a check yesterday from his employer. It was for $340.00. He said, "Man, buying a car is going to be tough next year. $220.00 of this money goes to Bendy (the little boy he sponsors in Haiti). I've got to get him a bike, a soccer ball, and most importantly a goat for his family."

We are standing amazed at the work that the Lord is doing in A's life. This may very well be the only year we have him home, but we are considering it a gift. A time for our family to journey all together. In just three short years, he'll be launched into the world on his own. We are incredibly proud of him. We ask that you continue to pray for him. Especially that he can withstand the battles that will be before him. The enemy doesn't want us to be passionate servants of the Lord. Pray for our family also as we make this transition. There is alot to consider when homeschooling a high schooler plus four others :) We trust that the Lord will give us great wisdom and discernment and pray that our children will be mighty warriors for the kingdom!

6 comments:

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Life. My Story. My Chaos. said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely keeping him and you guys lifted up.

Joanna Tillman said...

So awesome!!

Becoming a family of 4 said...

Definitely praying for you.

The Cook Family said...

I love it!! And I love that you & D have instilled in him a love for missions and an obvious growing love for HIM!! Praying for all of you guys as you make the school transition and as God continues to reveal His plan for A! Awesome! :)

Henrys said...

Tera,

I am so excited for Alex!! I saw his pictures from Haiti through Tycen's facebook. Praising God for the work He is continuing to do in your awesome family. I will be at Cedarmore tomorrow through Wed. with Taylen. If you guys have a chance I would love to see you all. Miss you!
Love,
Traci