In light of my family's present sicknesses and since I'm already an emotional basketcase from the cancellation of our Thanksgiving plans, I felt as though the Lord was asking me if I was grateful....the answer is... yes.....
I am grateful to be His. Grateful that His amazing grace saved me when I didn't deserve it.
I am grateful to have a husband who loves God with all his heart and who chooses to lead
our family towards faithfulness.
I am grateful that God has given us five precious children. A large family wasn't even on
our radar over 17 years ago when we got married.
I am grateful for having an amazing childhood. One full of unconditional love.
I am grateful for a believing mom who pointed and continues to point her children and
grandchildren to God.
I am grateful that after years of praying, my Heavenly Father gave my earthly father an
incredible heart for Him and that daddy is making a difference in the lives of
those around him.
I am grateful for my in-laws who love me like a daughter who are wonderful examples of God's
love to my family.
I am grateful for the many who have helped shape my life towards God.
I am grateful for a church family and for a church staff who seek the Lord in all they do.
I am grateful for being able to play a part in the adoption ministry at our church and watch God
bring families together that He already had planned.
So, I'm sick this year. Big deal. (I keep telling myself that).
God is wonderful and beautiful. He loves me even when I whine. This Thanksgiving I will be thankful for magnificient grace. May I never lose sight of it.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Thankfulness continued....
Posted by Sojourning Mom at 10:07 AM
Labels: spiritual thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Next time I read this, it'd better say that you are thankful for ME. It is all about me....seriously, how could you leave me out, I'm the glue that holds your butt together.
Just think, by Christmas, you can stay longer and visit my repainted house. I'll make brownies and we'll have coke and scrabble. You know that sounds good!
I love you. Now I may go cry. xoxo
Feel better fast! Take advantage of being sick and let David and the kids take care of you!!!
Post a Comment